Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 13, 2016

They Try to Fix Everything



By: Samantha S. Daviss

My husband has always said and wondered why God put man and woman together. He really doesn’t feel that there could be two creatures more different or more opposite than one another. And I totally agree with him.

Not only are you putting the opposite gender together, but opposite brain functionality too. Women think with their hearts, whereas men think with their heads. And I guess that’s why we are the mommies. When our baby falls and skins their knee, we immediately run to their side and swoop them up in our arms to make sure they are okay, and no major physical damage has been done. 

Whereas a daddy, evaluates the situation, recognizes its severity, and reacts accordingly. Any blood? Then they are fine. Any bones poking out? Then they are fine. Tears? And none of the afore mentioned occurred, then they can suck it up and be tough.

Men are wonderful leaders, providers, and protectors. But when it comes to just a whimsy of romance or softness of the heart…well, they may need a lesson or two from the gals.

I don’t lose it very often. I am a pretty hardy and tough ol’ gal; and can hitch a trailer, drive a boat, haul logs, build something, mow something, mend something, wash something, love something and tuck something in to bed with a story every night. But there are some times that mommy/wife/working gal has just absolutely hit her wall.

Pure frustration, pure exhaustion, the fact that my husband and partner has been gone for three months and I have been managing everything on my own; yep, ol’ mom just lost it not too long ago. It was nothing bad, nothing happened, I just needed a good ol’ fashioned pity party, temper tantrum, wine guzzling kind of evening. I really didn’t want or need any attention, I just wanted to cry, melt down, throw a fit, and lose it all at once and have my spouse sit there and listen to me. It wasn’t directed at him, or anyone for that matter, it was just a moment of brief insanity and I needed to blow off some steam…girl style!

Well along comes my hero trying to fix me and make everything better, when all it ended up doing was making it worse. He couldn’t understand what was happening, he couldn’t wrap his brain around the fact that I just needed to be held and hugged, he couldn’t understand what in the world I was doing. Men don’t lose it like we do; so he thought that maybe an alien had taken over my body.

Nope just hormones, girl stuff, and exhaustion. So you see guys, we don’t always need things fixed, sometimes you just have to put up with our crazy, keep loving us, and accept our glitches and outbursts for what they are. A mere eruption of feelings, hormones, and a mild temper tantrum. It doesn’t mean we are crazy and need to be on meds, it doesn’t mean our hormones are off, it doesn’t mean we hate being a mom or a wife, it just means that everyone else gets to lose it; so why can’t we?

No comments: